1994 Honda accord gauge cluster problem

jordy478

Ok so I have a 94 Honda accord ex auto. The other day as I was leaving work I cranked up the car and went to press the brake in and the gauge cluster cut off. Released the brakes it would come back on. Wel it more of all the lights in the dash and also the radio. I'm stumped I think it's a short some were but can't figure out were. Has anyone else had this kinda of trouble?

Interesting! You may end up having to have someone look at it if you are not good at chasing electrical. It sounds like there is a short in the system. Start by checking to see if the brake lights come on when what you describe above occurs. Also, see if the horn works when the above occurs. There may be a short at the brake switch (located on the brake linkage near the fire wall behind the pedal). While you are under there look of other wires that may be hanging down or are rubbing on the brake lever. If there is a worn wire repair/replace/wrap with electrical tape and see if your problem goes away, and as always when dealing with electrical check every fuse (both under dash and hood and replace any that are bad regardless of what they are for). After that it is certainly something that someone like myself would have to have the car to determine the problem. The system is very complex with multiple systems running through other systems. You could spend a lot of time replacing things like the integrated control unit, combination switch etc. which can cause your problem but in my mind it is better to just find the problem.

Archived