Jump start car via motorcycle battery

Neuron

Hi, I don't have another car to jump start my dead battery of my 2004 Honda Accord. However, my husband has a motorcycle. Would it be possible to use the motorcycle's battery to jump start my car without damaging the motorcycle? Also, I'm thinking of buying a battery booster. Any ideas as to what type I should buy? Thank you for your help in advance.

Yes you can jump start off the bike if it has a 12v system as it probably does. The crank amp's will be higher for your car than the bike so connect the cables and let the bike run gor a while with the car off to charge to battery, and then (with the bike battery still connected) start the car.

You should not need a booster for the car. You might have a P-static drawdown on the battery, thus there could be an electrical issue in the car, OR the battery is simply bad. I recommend either and ACDeloc 7 year or a Honda battery if that is the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived