Cranks All Day But Not Turning Over.... No Spark Please Help!!

BLAZN420

I'm starting to get frustrated and I'm not sure where to go at this point.

1996 Honda Accord LX 5 Speed

JDM F22B SOHC Non-Vtech 35,000 Miles. Used only Block and head. Everything else was transferred from previous F22B2 Engine Including Oil Pump With Crank Sensor And Old Dizzy. Old Engine had 168,000 miles on it I blew a Rod Bearing.

After swap car ran perfect with no Check Engine Lights on. Recently after hitting 1,000 miles on the swapped Engine the light came on. I took it back right away to the mechanic and he check the code and said it was oxygen sensor bank 2 and that I would be fine driving until I replaced that. The very next day The engine died while driving. First the tach jumped up and down then it just died. I was traveling at about 45 mph. The engine will crank all day but will not turn over. I got the car towed home and the next day I started troubleshooting. First checked for fuel my removing the main line to the rail and cranked plenty of fuel was coming through. I ruled out the fuel pump and fuel filter. I next checked for spark and found the problem. No spark out of the wires or the coil. I removed the ignition coil and took it to AutoZone and had it checked. He said it was fine. I reinstalled the ignition coil. I checked the 7.5 ECU Fuse it was fine as well.. I then purchased a new main relay just in case and still wont turn over. I pulled off the valve cover cap and the timing belt is fine. Next I pulled out the DIZZY for inspection and there was oil inside and rotor looked bad. So I rebuilt the dizzy. I replaced the Ignition Control module ($49.99 AutoZone).

I replaced the Dizzy shaft Inner Seal and and outter o Ring ($14.99 EBAY) I put the dizzy back together with new rotor (19.99 AutoZone) And new Cap (16.99 O'Ryelly) The only I didn't change is the TDC sensor inside the Dizzy because of Price. Available online only between $160.00-$230.00. (Price of new Dizzy) I installed my Dizzy last night. Still the Engine wont turn over. Whats Next?? Crank Sensor?? or perhaps when my mechanic installed new timing belts with with swap he left them too loose and it jumped timing?? Should I go ahead and buy a new ignition coil anyways just to be sure?? Will a bad TDC sensor stop the Engine from turning over? Somebody please help. I welcome all advice before I start spending more money.

Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. I got my new dizzy in the mail today. It's used Honda OEM from a local vendor on Ebay. It was in almost perfect condition. I purchased for $53.99 with free shipping which was a great price cause my usual Honda salvage yard wanted $85.00. I also purchased a used ECM for $25.00 from a 97 5 speed LX. That will arrive in a few days from a guy in Main. He just shipped it today and I live in Los Angeles. I ordered it just in case and the price was right.

I Just Installed the Dizzy.

I made sure and reset the ecm by pulling out the 10 amp ecm fuse and the 7.5 amp backup radio fuse.

The car started right up and after it warmed up to normal operating temperature I was not able to rev past 3,000 RPM AGAIN.

Now after all my troubleshooting I got 1 Extra Rebuilt Dizzy, 2 Extra Caps and Rotors, And two Extra Ignition Control Modules. At least I'm set for the long run. When I get this ECM in a couple of days and when I swap it out and it still does not fix my problem I then will have an extra ECM.

Someone Please Help! I'm Stumped and really irritated

Anybody got any ideas???

After I reset the ECM And the car is cold it runs like a dream.

Once it warms up to normal operating temperature THE CEL TURNS ON AND I CANT REV PAST 3K. Can the MAP Sensor cause this?

Perhaps my mechanic did a ****ty job installing the crank sensor??

Maybe the crank sensor I bought from the salvage yard was bad??

Maybe my new ECM will fix everything........God I hope so. I'm going ****in broke with this project. When the CEL lights up The code is TPS SENSOR

Anybody have any feedback or ideas???

Thanks mad.gifconfused.gif

By the way the crank sensor was the reason for the car not turning over from my original post. After It was installed by my mechanic this new prolem started.

Archived