Help please. "Door open" beeps continuously.

TEC

2004 Honda Accord EX Coupe V6

Today, first time, spontaneously, when I parked, took the key out and opened the door, the "beep beep beep beep . . . " alert started and continued no matter what I did. The door locks will not lock (either manually, with the switch in the armrest, or with the key remote). The car starts and runs fine, and when it is running, the beeping stops, but the IP shows a door/trunk open alert that stays on, even though all are securely closed. The "auto" setting of the dome light stays on, but the switches in the door frame work properly, shutting on and off the small lamps mounted inside the car doors.

What's amiss here? Is a sensor in the ignition switch gone bad? And if so, why would it result as an open door warning? And if a door open/closed sensor is bad, why would the alert beep continue after the key was removed?

Anyone had this occur or have any advice on what to check? Thanks

i dunno that car but will TRY and help... regularly does the beeping stop when the key is removed from the ignition? Id have to guess there is a short somewhere under the dash and that is causing there to be extra power put into the switch inside the door.

yes, the purpose of the alert is to keep you from locking the keys in the car. It normally stops as soon as the key is removed, Now it doesn't. I suppose the system also disables the ability to lock the car. It is now suck in the "on" position, i believe.

Archived