How and where do i start to improve my 94 accords performance?

Accord94newbie

• 3 weeks later...

Also, if you have a four cylinder, there is not much you can do except turbo charging it. Intakes and exhausts do not add power to four cylinder engines. They make a small difference in six cylinder engines. So if you are looking for some real power, turbo charge it. But don't be cheap about it and make sure you go to a place that knows what they are doing. Good luck. Hope this helps.

i thought about a turbo but someone said to engine swap to a h22, but thing is mine is automatic. if i do stay with my f22 what would be the best place to shop for a turbo? i bought one from ebay for my nrt but that shit just sucked, going cheap never again

Ye automatics are pointless to turbocharge. I had an automatic accord and I installed a couple of thousand dollars worth of mods and I barely felt any difference in the performance. Now I have stick accord with a six cylinder vtec and I honestly think it does not need any mods. All i did was install a K&N filter. I am planning on turbocharging it. One mod that I liked though, was a performance chip. Since I used to have a cold air intake, the performance chip let more air into the engine and it gave me a nice acceleration the mid RPM range. In regards to turbos I really don't know where to buy a good one. You are going to need to do some research and ask around.

For the record, your "performance chip" had absolutely nothing to do with the amount of air entering your engine. Nor did it have anything to do with the amount of HP your engine produced. Performance chips for Honda's are like paying for a handjob. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy because you got something pretty to talk about to you friends but really you could have done just was well with the hand you already had and saved $50.

Damn that looks nice. And ye tranny swaps are expensive. I learned from personal experience that trying to gain power from an automatic is really hard and expensive. The automatic transmission does not catch up with the engine that's the problem. That's why I bought myself a 07 accord six cylinder with a manual transmission. All I did to it so far was put a K&N filter. This car has more torque and power than my old accord that I spend 2000 on mods. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if ur gonna swap the tranny and motor, you're probably better off putting that money to the next car. That's what I would do. But good luck to you and your car.

I've put a DNA racing adjustable cam pulley, AEM short ram intake, Megan headers, custom pipe, and a GReddy RS muffler in my 94' EX 2dr 2.2L and I've seen slight performance gains and slight mileage gains. Really not much to do without a manual tranny. Which will most likely be next on my list.

Archived