2000 Honda Accord Starts and Dies

blindedheart212

Greetings, I'm new to these forums. I work on old classic cars, so imports are a little different to me. I have a sloppy idle, after it's started, it will jump between 500-1100 RPM, and it will bounce back and forth between. Symptoms are that of a vacuum leak. But I cannot find one. The car has 115K miles. Everything else works fine. It starts and dies sometimes, it shakes sometimes when it does, and sometimes it doesn't. You have to hold the RPMS at 3000 for a couple seconds, and then it finally stays running, but continues to idle. No check engine light, but the check Engine light flashed a few times and went away.

Any ideas would be nice, I'm getting the codes scanned tomorrow.

I had the same car and the same problem. This happened mostly durring the summer and when I turned the car on and off a couple of times In a short period of time. My mechanic told me it was the fuel pressure regulator. I changed it and the problem went away. However, the next summer the same problem came back. I ended up selling the car. You should get a diagnostics done to see what the problem really is. Good luck to you. Hope this helped.

I had this problem early on while owning the car (2001 Honda Accord v6) - the tachometer would bounch between 1K to 4K RPM consistently when I let off the accelorator. I took it to the mechanic he could not find any problems, but what he did say that he cleared the code, disconnected the battery and pulled the fuse before reconnecting and starting. Never saw the problem again and it's been 80K miles later.

Archived