Installing AEM Ram Intake on 94' Accord EX - Resonator Chamber B?

NZXTInerTia

Hey guys, I recently bought my first Honda which is a huge milestone considering I have wanted one for as long as I could remember. I got a 94' Accord EX coupe with the 2.2L engine and I want to put a AEM Short Ram Intake under the hood but I've had a few questions. I already purchased the intake and it seems like it will fit perfectly, but when removing the original intake I ran into a question.

What is resonator chamber B? (As so labeled by OEM parts manuals) and can I remove it like the lower Resonator box behind the bumper? It has a few hoses connecting to it and one cable attaching it to the harness. It has a solenoid that moves a small valve opening and closing the box.Thanks!

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/find-parts/Honda/ACCORD/1994/2DR%20EX%20%28LEATHER%29/KA4AT/RESONATOR%20CHAMBER%20%28B%29

ResizedImage_1341560146140.jpg

ResizedImage_1341560145568.jpg

You can leave it there.

If you remove it and the vacuum lines leading to it, you will have to cap the vac' source at the intake manifold. The solenoid's electric connector can simply be disconnected.

Removing the vac' lines from the solenoid without capping the source at the intake manifold will result in a vacuum leak.

You can leave it there.

If you remove it and the vacuum lines leading to it, you will have to cap the vac' source at the intake manifold. The solenoid's electric connector can simply be disconnected.

Removing the vac' lines from the solenoid without capping the source at the intake manifold will result in a vacuum leak.

Ok thank you, I was hoping that would be the answer.

Archived