94 Accord -- HELP!

BCraiger90

OK! So my car has difficulty cranking! Sometimes it starts no problem, sometimes it takes up to 15 mins to give in & crank. My mom said it started when I would drice with my gas light on. It does it a lot after I get gas as well. & it cuts off while driving down the road several times. We were told try a fuel filter, so I bought one, just waiting for it to be put in. We were told it may be fuel injector, so I bought some fuel injector cleaner. Does anyone else have any ideas???

My idea: don't throw parts at it or you will end up selling it.

Check the fuel pressure, do you hear the pump running?

Check spark, read the plugs, what do they look like?

Door chime work while key in and driver's door open, how bout when you wiggle the key?

Let us know.

THANK YOU so much for your input! I just now got the message tho. I will definitely have everything checked out tomorrow & I will let you know how all that went! I can tell you tho that the door does chime when the key is in the switch. Thank you again & I will get back to you!

Are you doing this work yourself?

From your comment above on the fuel filter it seems as though you might be paying someone to work on this? For the record, a fuel filter is extraordinarily easy to replace and ANY person with a screw driver and a couple wrenches can replace it in 5 minutes. If you are paying someone to work on this I don't like the idea that you are needing to research your problem for them. Any technician worth paying won't need their customer to do what they should already know how to do. If it is a family member or friend helping you out on the side that is a different story. I just don't like hearing people getting taken advantage of due to not being knowledgable about cars.

I tried taking to to a mechanic to change the fuel filter, and he was only going to charge $15 to change it. However, he didn't realize the fuel filter was difficult to get to. So he didn't mess with it. My fiances friend changed it. And I've been drivin it pretty good, but it still doesn't want to crank back up like it should. I am getting so frustrated. I called another local garage and they were going to charge $70 to check the fuel pressure.

Check for pressure by disconnecting the fuel line and having someone blip the key to ON (not START).

For correct pressure, you would need a gauge.

It should spray out, not dribble.

If you get nothing, start looking to the Ignition Combination Switch and PGM-Fi Main Relay.

Archived