96 accord wont start

orangemustang93

hello. I just got a 96 accord from my father in law and im having a slight issue with it..... When you go to start it in the morning it will not fire... when you put the key on the run position you know how you are soposed to hear the solenoids click under the hood. well nothing happens. You have to keep the switch in the on position for abt 10 minutes then the solenoids will engauge and it will start... Also while this is going on if you put the shifter in D4 the light around it will not light up on the instrument cluster untill everything engauges... This is the damnest thing ive ever seen. I consider myself a pretty good mechanic however ive never messed with a honda before.... I know the car needs a new speed sensor but i dont see how this would have anything to do with the major issue im having right now.... any help would be apprceiated...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived