2004 Accord v6 - Weird A/C issue

Bprzybyla

I am having an intermittant A/C problem with my 2004 Honda Accord v6 coupe, dual climate control.

The issue is that the A/C will not blow (it seems) when the car it self is hot(the outside temp reading not the actual engine temp, that stays normal just below middle). When it is raining or temperature reads below 86degrees the A/C will kick in. It started 2 weeks ago whereby the A/C suddenly cut off, i checked under the hood and the coolant reservoir next to the radiator was low/empty. I purchased coolant and filled it half way. A/C was fine for a few days. Then it stopped working again, i looked into the coolant and there was plenty of coolant (the coolant i put in was orange in color and when i looked the second time is was more like dirty water). I have replaced the A/C controll relay and Blower relay with no results. I have looked at all of the fuses and they seems fine. When the A/C does kick in it blows cold and strong like nothing is wrong. I am thinking it may be temperature sesnor ECT or something similiar. I have not looked at the A/C Blower resistor yet. Can someone provide any insite to fixing the issue? I can't afford to get the mechanic runaround and be out $500+ for something that seems it could be fairly simple.

Thank you in advance.

-Brian

Archived