A/C not blowing hard enough

lphthephunk

Just got this car. The air wasn't blowing at all, so I replaced the blower motor. Now air blows, but it's barely anything at all. It does about the same air flow on every setting, and I can hear the gates opening.

I just need somewhere to start looking.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the new motor had a smaller opening where the 'breather tube' is supposed to go. Which forced me to squeeze the tube into it, which way be restricting flow. But I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with the A/C not blowing hard.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Cody-

Same speed on each fan speed selection is going to either be the fan switch itself or the fan resistor. Check both of them out.

No cold air is going to be another issue: check the A/C line pressure on the high and low sides.

Let us know what you find.

Sorry I should've been more clear. The fan changes speed, I can hear it. The problem is the same amount of air is being pushed out of the vents no matter how hard the fan works.

Also, the air does blow cold when the a/c button is on.

If the fan is changing speeds, then you fan resistor assembly is fine, switch is fine.

Where is the air going? If it doesn't go where its supposed to, ie to the windshield and feet instead of you vent position (face), then you have a mode control issue and my next question would be what climate control setup do you have:

1. DX style: you slide a bar to different positions? Check the cable and linkage.

2. Push-button: a separate button for each mode? Check the mode control motor and linkage under it.

If there is no air getting out, I would suspect that part or all of the heating and ventilation is blocked. Dog hair, rats nests, etc who knows until you look.

I have the push button type, but all of the doors are working. I popped off one of the vents so I could see inside and it's moving fully. Same with the door that switches between heat and a/c. It's moving completely.

Yesterday, I pulled off the wiper motor cover and looked in the intake that's in front of the windshield. It's completely clear and the door is opening and closing as it should. I also took a blower to the evaporator hoping that I could blow out any obstruction. It took some leaves and junk out, but I'm still having the problem. I suppose that the air flow got a decimal percent better, but not much.

I may try and check the voltage of the blower motor at different speeds to see if it's spinning at the right rpms, but if all of that checks out then I really don't know where to go from there.

Archived