Bad Tranny???

iamandy

i own a 1991 honda accord 2dr with a f22a4 tranny and clutch are factory stock. i can cycle through ym geard just fine 1-5 but my reverse some times doesnt full go into gear i have to slam it in or put it in and slowly let of the clutch then it grind then i put the clutch ina dn it will go into reverse. im not sure what the source of this problem is. All my fluids are just fine, and if the cars off and i try to put it in reverse it make a loud clanky sounds. But when it in reverse it sounds perfectly fine and nothings wrong. i just got a problme putting in reverse. any help?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jeff Collision" data-cid="449242" data-time="1357296586"><p>

It sounds like you need to have the shift cable adjusted. Any automotive shop can do this cheaply. They have to remove the console and adjust a collar to move the cable in tighter or loosen it. Usually as the cable wears it gets a little slack in it and needs to be brought back in a little.</p></blockquote>

1991 Honda Accord has a hydraulic clutch and cable selector which should not have any tension on it. Look for binding; but as far as adjusting it, the cables should be free to move.

Archived