2002 Honda Accord check engine P1259 problem

Jorge Ibarra

Hi guys I have a 2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr V4. over 150,000 miles

My car starred giving me code P1259 vtec system malfunction, it happens when i went to Arizona 9 Hour drive forwards and back non stop drive.

I read on the web that it could be a bad solenoid, leaking oil, bad oil, bad sensors etc.

Basically what happens when i step down on the accelerator when the engine is hot, the rmp needle goes up and down but the speed does not rise (heard something about the vehicle going into limp mode) when the engine is cold i could step on it and it accelerates and goes fast. I checked the solenoid and it's good and also changed the engine valve gasket because it's been leaking oil. I don't know what to do or what to look for anybody have any information would be greatly appreciated, I really love my accord and i don't want to get rid of it. Need more info reply

Thanks guys =)

The oil is always full and i make sure it's clear, I check the engine almost everyday, the solenoid had the screen dirty but i clean it and the problem still persist. Where is the ''vtec pressure switch''. The oil filter is good i get a good brand so it filters out the oil.

Archived