1993 Honda Accord, cold starting problem, need help please.

oscarmtejeda

I have been driving my 93 accord for a couple of years now, and when the weather starts getting cold, this is what happens to it:

When I start the engine in the mornings, and don't let it warm up for at least 25 minutes and start driving, the car will stall, and will only crank but not start. I have to wait 5 to 10 minutes before it will start. Once it starts, I must let it warm up enough. If I don't, the engine will act as if it wants to stall again. One thing I find very odd, is that when it does this, the RPM neddle acts real crazy when I step on the gas, and I can feel the engine wanting to stall. Once is has warm up enough, everything runs normal. The only thing I have changed is the ignition coil(no luck), I was thinking about changing the ignition module. If anybody has had the same problem I would like to know how did you get it fixed. Or is there anyone out there that can give me some ideas on what to troubleshoot?

So what I have to do every morning is I let it warm up, sometimes it dies after a few minutes, I dont even try to crank it anymore after like 10 minutes, when I know it will start. then I warm it up for 20 minutes. That's what I have to do. exept in the summer when the low temp is 90 degrees. Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Archived