1995 Accord EX 2.7 Radiator Question

PMayne83

Hey everyone, New to the forum, and owning a Honda for that matter. I just came across a 1995 Accord EX with the 2.7. I am a technician, but I really don't have any experience on import vehicles. The only issue I have found with it so far is that the upper radiator hose inlet is broken off. Just moved to a new town and started a new job so finances are tight but I have access to a lot of vehicles to pick and pull from, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a donor vehicle, besides the 95-97 EX with the 2.7, that has a compatible radiator. I figure if I can find one in a donor I can take it to a radiator shop and have it cleaned and pressure tested. Also, since I am already writing this, how much of a clearance difference would it make going from stock wheels and tires to 205/45ZR16s? Thanks for your help guys and I'm sure I will be on here a lot. Patrick

1. Get a new radiator. The 4 cylinder Accords had a different radiator, hose connections moved to match the F22 block, so your only option is a new or used radiator for the V6.

2. I'm assuming you have 195s on now which is why you're asking about 205s. Well, someone decided to put stock 4 cylinder tires on your car cause the OE size for the V6 is 205/60R15 91V and before Michelin stopped making the OE MXV4 in that size their website showed the rim would hold their 215/60R15 93V or their sport line Pilot 225/55R15Z. I dont know if they make those any more, though I do know the MXV4 went hiatus for a few years and I moved on to other cheaper noisier tires. And last I checked only Hoshier racing slicks came up on the Tire Rack website under the Pilot size.

Edit: I just realized you might be talking about ride height and wheel gap, not tire patch and turning radius. Clarify please.

Archived