Rattle noise on Cold Start Up (2009 Accord V6)

honda_fan2013

Has anyone encountered a rattling noise for the first couple of seconds to a minute during a cold start up during the morning. Once the car starts up after a few minutes, the noise no longer appears and runs find throughout the day. Only when the car has been idle for at least 5-6hrs the next day does it make this rattling noise.

I've looked around the web and some have indicated it could be the vtc actuator.

I have a 2009 Accord V6 (80K miles) and wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and have a few questions:

1) What is the long term impact if this noise continues without any work done? Will this damage my car in the long rung.

2) What is the resolution to resolve this issue? Is it to replace the VTC actuator?

3) If so, it looks like this is out of warranty given power train is 5yr/60k miles, what would be the estimated cost to have this repaired?

4) Are there any other suggestions/recommendations?

Thank you all for any advice

Archived