Gearbox Mount Leaking?

Anaraith

Hey guys

I have a 1998 Honda Torneo manual

I just failed my WOF due to my gearbox mount (right hand side) leaking. I was under the impression that Honda uses rubber gearbox mounts and therefore nothing can leak from it and the leak is from elsewhere. After searching online and asking another mechanic I was told that Honda does not make hydraulic gearbox mounts.

I just wanted to ask on here to see if anyone had come across a non-rubber gearbox mount?

Thanks

Edit: Pics here http://imgur.com/a/bR5sq

Yes, Honda does use hydraulic mounts and bushings in certain applications.

My 1997 Honda Accord EX V6 uses hydraulic mounts in the front and rear motor mounts, solid rubber for the sides. The hydraulic motor mounts on my car have an A and B chamber. The valve that connects the two is vacuum controlled, the mounts stiffen under hard acceleration. The rear trailing arms on my car also have hydraulic bushings, but those only have one liquid chamber and no vacuum control.

Your car isn't in my market, so I really can only tell you Honda does use a hydraulic mount here and there; it's not unheard of.

Yes, Honda does use hydraulic mounts and bushings in certain applications.

My 1997 Honda Accord EX V6 uses hydraulic mounts in the front and rear motor mounts, solid rubber for the sides. The hydraulic motor mounts on my car have an A and B chamber. The valve that connects the two is vacuum controlled, the mounts stiffen under hard acceleration. The rear trailing arms on my car also have hydraulic bushings, but those only have one liquid chamber and no vacuum control.

Your car isn't in my market, so I really can only tell you Honda does use a hydraulic mount here and there; it's not unheard of.

James is right. Honda uses liquid filled mounts on some of their applications. I have replaced exactly that same motor mount that you have take picture of out of an Odyssey. It was leaking the same kind of fluid.

Archived