Silly Transmission

sillygirl1

Hey yall, i reckon ma tranny blown tell me what yall think. Car started fine idles fine in park but all a suddn gears started making some silly noises once i shifted into reverse neutral or drive. lots of grinding. i put bck into park but still grinds til yo shut her off. what the heck man? never saw it comin

The transmission should shift smoothly between gears. Any noise that appear as your vehicle changes gears may indicate increased wear or failure in the transmission. For standard transmissions, this problem is most likely caused by a worn clutch disc. This is not a serious issue. However, in automatic transmissions, it can indicate anything from a worn clutch in the torque converter to broken or missing teeth on the planetary gear system that the Accord uses. Have the transmission serviced by a professional mechanic for both issues.

After tending to the car in the am. The tow truck guy told me that it didn't sound like it was the tranny because the noise going from drive/reverse - park is TERRIBLE. And the tranny would b silent if it were toast. We were told the shifter linkage cable is probably not connected to the tranny. After diagnosing a bit by removing all dash pieces around the shifter. We see the cable is still attached at this end. It is a still a smooth shift to any gear but the car is only able to b in a neutral position.

Have to have the e-brake up, since now parked on a hill, telling us the car can not be placed in park even if the shifter says so. What is the next step?? Please help. 3 car people are totally stumped and have never heard a noise like this before.

Thanks for any info

*All videos I found about a noise similar to mine, were people still driving there car. Mine wont drive.

Archived