94 accord door locks

rodneyklum88

i Have a 94 accord lx with p/l. when i try to lock the doors from the inside only the driver door lock tries to lock and then unlocks right away i have check fuses relays the whole nine cant seem to figure it out could really use some help

It's supposed to do that. You have to pull up on the handle to prevent it from doing that.

It keeps you from locking yourself out, and it has saved me a few times over the years: I close the door and one way or another I bump the lock switch as the door closes with my keys Iin the car, then as I begin to freak out the door unlocks itself.

Most common is a faulty driver's door lock actuator. Check it at first. Also check the driver's door harness and make sure there is no water that damaged any pins in the harness. Disconnect the connector in the door and check those pins. Also fuses are good correct and door lock switches. This unit fails, but the most common problem is the door harness or aftermarket electronics or alarms wired into the car. Look under driver's dash and see if there are any signs of an alarm wiring little black box wire, ties, etc.

Archived