Clutch Replacement

Ricky Choate

I have a 1998 honda accord ex 4 cylinder coupe with 155,000 miles on it. I had a guy replace the clutch last weekend, clutch, throw-out bearing and pressure plate(99.00 clutch kit from autozone) Prior to this work, I have never had a problem with the car until clutch starting slipping, other than check engine light on because o2 sensor. I had him replace the clutch and sensor. Now for my problems.

1.car has never ran hot. The gauge was always hovered around 1/4', never seen it near 50%. Now it runs about 75-90%, but has not overheated. Doesn't even seem to really be hot, sorta like gauge is faulty now.

2. Car now shutters when stress is put on it. Like starting off, it shutters until I get to a steady speed, does this all the time until I get to steady speed.

3. It has developed a small leak under right front, seems to be motor oil.

Like I said, prior to this repair, only had clutch slippage and bad o2sensor. I think paying 350.00 labor was fair price for repair, honda dealership wanted 1200 for the repair, which is probably 50 percent of what the car is worth.

He is saying that what he did could in no way affect the temperature of the car and has nothing to do with the oil leak, even though I had none of these problems prior to him working on it. I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me. Thanks in advance.

Archived