f22b2 tranny problems

tyler739

i have a 96 accord dx 4 door, 2.2 f22b2 non vech. on the passenger side, where the cv axle slides in to the tranny that bearing i think is bad, it has play in it and can move the axle up and down, do i have to rebuild whole tranny/rip all apart to just replace that bearing? if anyone could help let me know

• 2 weeks later...

When the CV joint on the Honda Accord starts to go bad, you will hear it clicking and then begin to grind before it finally gives out. If so, you need to replace the cv joints. The boot will rip occasionally and allow dirt and debris inside the joint, causing the CV joint to wear out and break. In this case, the dirt and debris should be cleaned.

He wasn't talking about the CV Axle but rather where the CV Axle inserts into the transmission, the Differential.

I never responded to the OP cause I wasn't sure if that transmission has a spherical input shaft bearing. Cause if so, there would normally be lateral play with the shaft out and an inspection would consist of an entirely different set of tests.

yes i am talking about the differential, and i have it all ripped apart and dropped the tranny out today, the spline inside of the differential where the splines on the cv axle would meet move up and down, and when one side cv axle is in it makes the other side splines move when pushed up and down. So i am thinking needs a new differential.? any advice or tips?

Archived