Rust Issues in the accord?

jay67fast

I live in an Oceanside condo in Florida and must park in a lot with no cover. My 06 EXL has been parked there for the last 4 years with the only sign of rust being moderate rust on the brake rotors, which I find acceptable. I am only concerned with the possibility of rust where I CAN'T see it.

I am considering buying a 2014 Accord EXL. Are there any rust issues on the 2014 Accord?

Any opinions out there?

Rust issues on a brand new vehicle? We are not omnipotent.

...and you live in FL. You will get no rust sympathy from the guy who lives in OH.

Most new vehicle warranties have a rust provision. Generally in the frame of 7-10 years for perforation protection. Ask the dealer for the information. They should gladly provide you with a copy.

Xerion,;

I didn't expect clairvoyance, I was more interested in out of the ordinary rusting problems, such as the propensity of the old Mustang to rust out under you, especially in the area of the cowl and floor pans. I am well aware of the standard rust warrantees and, as a matter of fact, wouldn't believe anything a dealer said, under any circumstances. But thanks for the reply.

The major design flaws Honda had with the method that they assembled and molded the rear quarter panels <2000 was long since rectified. Aside from that the cars rot away at generally the same pace as anything else will in whatever your given local environment.

Archived