92 Honda Accord Won't Start After Being Stolen

N8L

Hi, my 92 honda accord was stolen recently and the people who stole it used a shaved key to start it. When the car was found the cops removed the shaved key and as soon as the key was taken out it won't start anymore and won't shift. We replaced the ignition because when they hammered the shaved key in it screwed it up. Somebody told me that there might be an anti theft relay somewhere that gets triggered when somebody uses a shaved key in the ignition but I have no idea where that might be. Anyone know? I've searched around on the internet but can't find anything on it.

A Honda of that age did not use an encoded key. Any key cut from any place will work in that ignition. Why they used a shaved key is beyond me. You can disassemble the column on that car in less than a minute without damaging anything and can start the car with a flat screwdriver. I would suggest you try the same. Take the housing off the column and there are two screws holding the ignition module onto the lock tumbler. With the ignition module detached you should be able to use any flat blade to twist it to start it. Not unlike this on my own car:

DSCF0082.jpg

Archived