Rims

Lori Moore

I bought a brand new 2014 Honda Accord Sport in August of last year. I have nothing but problems out of them and their service department. To start off the first time I brought the car in the man in the service department yelled at me for bringing the car in TOO early for the oil change due to mileage being 5000. He wanted to know who told me to and if it was my father or grandfather who told me that then they were wrong and that these "NEW" cars will go 10,000+ miles before each oil change. Second time I went in for oil change after waiting two and half weeks for appointment they then cut my window tint. I talked to service manager and he said they would pay for new tint..... NEVER received check or anything for that. After time and time again trying to schedule appointments for oil change and they are always "booked," the third oil change I went to another dealership because I was already at 20% oil life. Then yesterday, I took the car in due to tire going flat and there was no hole in tire. Amanda at first said they could not get to my car until MONDAY!! Finally, after talking to many people someone over the sales told Amanda to get the car on a lift as soon as possible. She then stated it may be this afternoon. After about an hour and half the report was in that there was nothing wrong with the wheel. They continued to tell me that there was nothing wrong with the wheel and that they suggest selling me a new tire. We then asked what if it goes flat again? Amanda in the service department then told us then we would have to buy a new rim, it could possibly be cracked. After asking her to write it on paper that they are stating there is nothing wrong with the tire and rim, she then stated that she could not guarantee that. They did not even take the wheel off the car to look at the entire wheel. I then told her just to give me my car and I was going to Toyota of Easley and Amanda responded with "I will call them myself and tell them you are on your way!" I was highly stunned that they would not even take care of the customer, that being my only transportation, no rental or anything, and that she would call them to let them know I was on my way. She then told me nothing was covered under the warranty about the wheels. I had the wheel checked and they said that the RIM WAS CRACKED!!! It was cracked in the weld which is a manufacture defect and they would not make it right. After being told that I got on many Honda and Honda Accord forums and many people are having problems with RIMS cracking that are on them. Not only that, there is a RECALL on the Accords for engine and engine cooling, not once was that mentioned to me. I left there so unhappy. I will never buy a Honda again. I will also tell everyone about the awful service they give. I went to Toyota of Easley after leaving there, received amazing service, they understood my frustration, and they did not feel safe for me driving the car with a CRACKED RIM that should have been replaced. I bought a 2016 Camry from Toyota of Easley and I am very happy that they will make anything right if there is anything wrong with the car.

Archived