1997 accord vtec head gasket replacement

Anelson71

Hey all, so I have a 97 accord ex f22 vtec head that has a blown head gasket. Car overheated in me at work, and it was a blown upper radiator hose, fixed that, kept overheating, replaced thermostat and radiator cap, was good for a bit, and then I started hearing bubbling. The radiator was pushing all the coolant back to the reservoir an leaking all over. I did a compression test and there was a substantial difference between cyl 2 & 3. I've now started on the task of ripping off the head to replace the head gasket. The car has 197k on it so I figured it's probably a good time to do some refreshing of everything. I plan on doing the water pump and timing belt regardless, but is there anything else I should look into? The injectors looked kinda burnt up, should I replace them or is it just normal wear and tear for them? Also, I'm new to the honda world as far as working in these and I'm just wondering if y'all have any tips for getting the heads off. I have it close ( at least it looks close) to being able to

Come off; I still have to figure out what else needs to come off the intake manifold to get it disconnected. It's just become a daunting task. Thanks for any input

Archived