Just had to get my 2015 Touring Serviced

Chris Curley

Hey guys I have a few questions about both my warranty and if anyone has heard of a problem similar to the one which I am experiencing. I love my car so it would help me rest a bit easier getting a little information.

I just recently purchased this vehicle used in June of this year with just ~5200 miles on it. I was told that an old woman bought it but she was too old to drive it so her family drove it around a bit and brought it back to the dealership. I have not had any issues with the vehicle until recently and now I have two main questions which I will separate to help spare anyone time that is only interested in one.

What does my warranty entail?

So I purchased my vehicle and I was very selective with which warranties I chose. I know for a fact that I bought a "wrap" on all of the electronic components in the vehicle up to 100,000 miles. I also believe I was told that every "defect" would be covered until 70,000 miles and the drivetrain was covered until 100,000 miles as well. I want to know what I am really covered for as I feel like car salesman are always playing games. On this paperwork which I received (which looks absolutely standard) it says that there is a limited warranty on parts and labor for 12 months or 12,000 miles.

Car issues elaborated on here. Please let me know if you have any experience with similar issues!

Day 1 Tuesday: I was driving home from work in the rain (~25 miles each way) and about a mile into the ride I was giving the car gas and I suddenly lost power to the wheels (I was giving the car a little gas but my engine was suddenly just revving @ 3.5k RPMs and it wasn't moving. My first instinct was that I accidentally put the car in neutral but I looked down to my right and saw I was in fact in drive. I noticed that my dashboard was lighting up with errors (emissions control failure, "Lane Departure Warning Problem", ACC Problem, etc.) and I luckily rolled right up to traffic. I quickly hit my hazards on turned off the car, turned it back on and resumed my commute. I made it home with just a "Lane Departure Warning Problem" appearing on the console, I turned off and locked the vehicle and then got back in it. After I did this the car started for me without any errors, as if it was just dandy and some weird electrical issue happened with the rain. I figured I can wait until

Day 2 Wednesday: I made it to work without any issues whatsoever, however leaving work was a different story. I was leaving work and I was once again about a mile into my commute home when I experienced the exact same problems as the previous day. The power once again stopped going from the engine to the wheels causing the engine to rev as if the car was in neutral. The car showed that it was in Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive, Drive 3 and Sport Mode all at the same time.. I had all of the same issues except this time the car would not start as I got stuck in the right lane of a 2 lane freeway with no shoulder. I called Honda Roadside Assistance right away. I tried restarting the car several times and it would only boot into accessory mode. I took my foot off the brake and when I put it back on it immediately went to the floor and stayed there. I won't elaborate too much but I was in a dangerous situation in the car and I eventually decided I need to get out of the car once and try to lock it and then get back in like I did the day before while I'm on the phone with Honda still. I managed to get back in and press extremely hard on the brake while holding down on the engine start button for a few seconds. The car started and I managed to bring it to get serviced without needing Honda Roadside to tow me.

Day 3 Thursday: Here is the notes on the labor performed on the engine: Customer reports vehicle lost all power while driving on multiple occasions. All electrical components failed and vehicle would not start. Vehicle displayed multiple display errors and brake pedal was stuck all the way to the floor and would not release. Vehicle would only go into accessory mode and not turn over. Check and advice multiple codes store on vehicles PCM in regards to PGM-FI failure and lost communication.

Replaced vehicles PGM-FI Main Relay and test drove vehicle 30 miles and could not duplicate problems after replacing vehicles PGM-FI Main Replay. Vehicle is operating normally as of today.

Day 4: Will my car work normally?!?! !!!

Despite these troubles, I could not be happier with my car selection, hopefully no more issues :D

• 5 weeks later...

Archived