Right Headlamp Fix Help

Whamilton76

Recently the right side low beam headlamp went out on my 2005 Accord EX. Thinking that a burnt out bulb was the issue, I changed it. This didn't fix the problem. I checked the fuse and it looked solid. There was no break in it at all. To make sure that the fuse was good I switched it over to the left headlamp fuse slot. Both the high and low beams came one. The fuse was fine. When I put the old bulb back in I twisted the socket back in place and the light came on! After driving around for a day the light went out again. I spoke to a friend about this and he told me that the connector had gone bad. So I went to Autozone and picked up a 9006 headlamp socket. I wired the new one in but no luck that didn't fix the problem either. The high beam is functioning right so I'm pretty positive that I got the wiring correct.

So what's the issue? At this point I'm assuming that I'm looking at an internal wiring issue. I'm hoping that's not the case but I don't know what else it could be. Any help here would be awesome!

Archived