2010 accord door lock wierdness

Rick Isham

For the past month or so, my accord rear driver side lock has been inconsistent. About 50% of the time, when I unlock all doors with the remote, it doesn't work (obviously, 50% of the time it does). When it isn't working, it also won't work with the internal button, so has to be unlocked by hand. What is funny is that every time I decide to spend some time troubleshooting, it works perfectly :) I'm pretty sure it's messing with me.

Anyway, I think it's probably the actuator slowly dying. Might even be temperature impacting it on hot days. I'd like some confirmation though. I've done some searching and this model has some kind of recall on the use of the remote door locks, but that didn't seem to fit my situation - it was a bit confusing, so could be wrong. What do you guys think - actuator or the recall issue?

If it's the actuator, anyone recommend where to purchase and an install video for a 2010 or similar model accord? Thank you for the help!

Archived