6x9 Rear speaker Install Q's

I just got some really nice 6x9s that I want to install, and my friend knows how, but says that pretty much temporarily gutting the rear interior is neccessary. It seems a bit extreme to me, I tried pulling out the cover over the speaker's (the plastic mesh over the actual compartment) but it wouldn't come off. Does anyone know if there is an easier way to take out the speakers without temporarily removing the rear seats and vinyl?

Well thanks for nothing. I put them in today, a long ordeal, but relatively easy. I had to remove the rear seat backs, bottom seats, side paneling, and top cover of the interior. The whole back inside the acr is gutted at the moment, until I put it all back in tomorrow. Just for speakers. Boy do my ears hurt though :D

These are the 6x9's

35258TSA6980R.jpg

And these are the 6.5's

35267TSA1680R.jpg

And this is the new Deck

50410536DEH-P4600MP_big.jpg

I felt it needed a bigger picture due to the detail on the deck itself.

You can't see the speakers now that they're installed, since the stock housings cover everything, but you can still hear them plenty well. I wired speaker savers into both the 6x9's and the 6.5's. They help reduce the (residual?) bass that causes speakers to blow, without taking all the power out. Now that I look back on it, install wasn't TOO hard, you just gotta make sure you get the rear deck (above the seats) clipped back in ALL THE WAY. I missed the BACK two clipscrews and it rattled a little bit for a while, but I managed to fit them back after a little more struggling.

I can post a "how-to guide" if anyone is interested. I can just go take some pictures and give descriptions without actually taking it all out again. Ya know, circle over the bolts and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
not sure but i think sup meant pictures of the actual speakers in your car :p

You can't see the speakers now that they're installed, since the stock housings cover everything, but you can still hear them plenty well.

:p:D

• 3 years later...
I can post a "how-to guide" if anyone is interested. I can just go take some pictures and give descriptions without actually taking it all out again. Ya know, circle over the bolts and stuff.

I know this thread is pretty old, but a 'how-to guide' would be pretty sweet.

I'm pretty sure that the mesh speaker covering is the same solid piece as the entire back plastic.

It is all one piece, but it all pops right out. You might need to take other panels out first though. For mine, I had to unbolt the lower restraint of the seatbelts, then pull that panel out, then pull the panel over the rear-side window, then pull out the entire rear piece.5-10 mins though. They snap on and off.

It is all one piece, but it all pops right out. You might need to take other panels out first though. For mine, I had to unbolt the lower restraint of the seatbelts, then pull that panel out, then pull the panel over the rear-side window, then pull out the entire rear piece.5-10 mins though. They snap on and off.

I've tried poking around underneath the trunk and such, but I can't find an easy way for it to just pop out. Did you do yours on the 2005? Maybe it'll be different? I'm about to go check it out again in a sec.

Archived