Best place to buy a engine

xxscaxx

well, i was suppose to get my friends B16A sir II engine.. but i only got the block... no head... tranny...nothing. so i decided to sell that (email me if ur interested ;-)) and buy a full swap from somewhere... i was looking at hmotorsonline..they are looking the best right now... anyone know if they are good? any suggestions? i want the b16a sirII... so please help me out. i know ppl who bought motors from osaka too, but im not sure what to do. thanks! i have the S model and its just too damn slow.. yet i dont want somethin really fast b/c i dont wanna kill myself :-D my friend has a type R in his sol... wow its fast. but the B16 is good enough for me... please let me know :D

muhahaha, i think i can help xxscaxx.

Last year i bought an sir2 motor swap http://www.stiksinc.50megs.com/photo.html. The motor swap lasted about 4 hours.

Hmotorsonline.com is where i got the engine. Runs perfect.:) It is definitely worth buying. Plus, you get the close ratio tranny, perfect for track, but on the highway you will run about 4500rpm @ 75 mph :-"

got any questions just ask..

oh, and with an (s motor) - based del sol, i think you are going to have conflictions with your ecu harness. not sure, just posing a possiblity. :crazy:

yea I got an s model too. they're nice and all but I am on the exact same page. sort of. anyone know were I can get a type R? lol. -I'm serious. I want something fast. As for the swap I don't know what would be a good place. good luck.

ok, i have a d16z6 in my sol... im seriously looking into puting in a b16a CAN I USE MY HYDRO TRANNY from my d16z6... i have heard that i can and cannot... is my ecu ok or do i need a new one... can i use/ modify my wiring harness... and lastly... just cuz im curious, do the b16 and d16 engines use the same clutch/ flywheel

thanks for the advice... i want to buy from hmotorsonline but my friend bought his from Japan Star motors and is suggesting that... anyone buy from there? its 2700 full swap w/ lsd and everything with shipping too (b/c its free :thumbsup: ).. those are my two choices.. help me out! thanks

Hey delsolsi........ how long did the shipping take from HMOTORSONLINE??? i am pretty sure im ordering from them.... please let me know! thanks again for the advice.. btw what did you have in ur sol b4 the b16? how do you like it?

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping was about 2 weeks.

I had the old d16. Its worth the swap.:D

I ran 15.6 with the old engine and I will be running again in late august near Milwaukee.

yeah i hope so:-D i just ordered my engine from hmotorsonline today.. and they said it will come next monday (i think thats the 9th of august). so ill post pics and let you know how it goes then:-D thanks for the help! i appreciate it.

Btw... im going from the d15 non vtec motor to the b16 :D yum

how does the b16 pull? hows vtec?

Archived