Question about Gauges

xxscaxx

i just got my b16 swap and i was wondering if i could just change the gauge faces to the VTEC model so i dont have to replace the whole entire cluster. can i do that? or do i have to buy the whole thing. i have the S model now and my friend told me i can leave it the way it is but i want the redline to start at 8200 instead of the 6500 or 6400 w/e it is at now (s model). just wondering. hoping i can just change the face so i can save some $$. thanks

if i leave the stock ones in there now will the speedometer n odometer be off? (obviously the odometer wont be exact b/c the car basically ends at liek 9 right now so i wont have the upper rpms) if im going lets say 30 will i really be doing 30 or will it be off>?

• 2 weeks later...

how did you put it into the vent? you have any pics? i just bought an aftermarket tach.. but its big i dont think it could fit in that...

i just cant buy new gauges? not the whole cluster

everyone where do you think is the best place to install a tach? i think having it on the left above the vents on the dash is too much out of ur way, whats your opinions?

sounds like you bought the MONSTER 5INCH TACH WITH 8 DIFFERENT COLORS didn't you? ugh.

if you would have bought a smaller one you could have put it in an ac vent as the other guy did...but even thats not that smart, because it gets hotter than hell in florida and i like to be able to aim the air thats coming out of the vent, not block it by a so small i can barely read it when i have half a second to look down at it in my ac vent tach.

contact someone who sells jdm parts and see if a civic type-r clutster will fit in your del sol.

Archived