b16a SiR II swap complete

xxscaxx

just swapped in a b16a SiR II.... just thought everyone should know :-D i ordered it from hmotorsonline the engine was in amazing condition. the engine swap went great my friend put it in with ease but did experience two problems:

1. the shift linkage provided was too short... i have to order a new one ( coming on friday ).

2. something was freaky with the distributer and the car was turning over but there was no spark but he fixed it somehow. he replaced the coil inside with the one from my old engine and then he did something else to it. now my tach gauge dont work but im getting a tach anyway. i forgot what he changed ill let u know later.

overall the swap was great and if you want ill provide pictures. just thought everyone should know if they are looking for a engine buy from hmotorsonline!

cant wait to drive it! Im sure there will be a HUGE difference going from SOHC non VTEC to DOHC VTEC :D

Good to hear about the swap. :D

Yeah, I had the same coil problem. About two months after the swap, the coil blew and i replaced it with the old si one. Heh, early this year I bought a coil for my motor for about $160. I recommend you get a new coil.

I just ran my car down at Union Grove, WI and got 15 sec. flat with the Sir2 swap. No headers, no exhaust, all stock, except for intake.

Nice :thumbsup:

yeah the coil was bad in mine n my friend basically rebuilt the distributor. for some reason now my stock tach dont work... i dunno a sensor or somethin was bad in the distributor? w/e it runs but i just bought an aftermarket tach today.. not that big of a deal to me i guess.

i have intake n catback exhaust. thanks for your advice and help

:D

I had the same problem... only my tach would jump off to about 13000 rpm while accelerating.

After the swap:

First the coil went.

So, I replaced it with the Si coil.

Then I bought a new cap and rotor,

And my ignitor went.

So, I bought a new ignitor.

Then my car's tach would jump and wouldn't work.

To fix it, I crimped the connectors snug to the metal tabs on the ignitor.

It runs perfect.

If this doesn't help you problem, then check your main wire harness and check the connectors.

ok found out the shift linkage problem. my friend ordered the motor for me bc he was doing the swap and he didnt tell hmotorsonline that it was going int a del sol. the shift linkage is different for the del sol. when they send out the motors, they send them with shift linkages for civics which are not the same for the del sol. so all of this could have been easily avoided if my friend said it was for a del sol. now i have to order the part directly from honda. oh well. ill update when i get the shift linkage in :crazy:

• 3 weeks later...

after having the swap for a while now, i couldnt be happier :D

final analysis:

-the distributor was bad, had to replace that, no biggie

-the shift linkage i finally got, now im good. hey if anything ever gets a swap tell them your car make! so they dont send you other peices for diff cars like me!

-my friend messed the timing up, but now thats fixed and the car runs strong.

the only thing left now is the check engine light... thought it was the o2 sensor but i changed that and its still on... gonna go get my car connected to a computer and find that out.

couple cars that i have beaten:

honda del sol si

mazda mx3

nissan 240sx

civic hatchback with ls integra swap

oldsmobile 442

just started racing... fun as hell :thumbsup: ill update that list bc there will be a lot more to come hehe :D

im going to post pictures as soon as i get back from college, dont have my car or a digital camera.

thanks guys,

joe

Archived