93 accord crash question

megajuliani

ok here it goes i have a 93 lx manual i crashed doing about 30-35 i hit some dude from the back. i broke both head lights, the radiator, need new hood but what ever from what i see all that is damaged is the radiator. my question is the following the car turned off the minute i hit the guy and hasnt turned on since. it wont crank and it wont push start but for some reason my horn works, my break lights and emergency lights work as well, but if i put the key in and turn it the dash doesnt turn on and if i try to turn on the car there is complete silence?? any idea what this could be SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP :( :( :(

Theres actully a few things. First things first, did you check fuses. A lot of times, electrical is innerrun with others. Check all fuses, both under the hood and at drivers kickpanel, replace ones that are blown. Sometimes cords get pinched, so check and see if the starter is getting power. Use a test light or multimeter to check if there is power at the wire terminal of the starter. If there is power, one of two posibilities. Starter broke or something came lose during impact, or loose wire connection from key switch to starter relay. A lot of what im saying is just guess and check since its not right in front of me. This should get you started, let me know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

was there a forged steel model that they put out that i never heard of.....? what model did you get?! if you hit some guy from the back at 30 -35 mph the motor shouldn't start even after you get the transmission off of your girlfriend lap. anyways i would check the starter like that other dude said

• 4 weeks later...

ok first off i would like to point out that ifyou have no antifreeze in your engine you would still be able to start your car it would just not be very smart as to the fact that it will over heat now if you didnt have oil thats a different story. second i help out at a towing wrecking shop in my town and i have seen numerous different low speed colisions and they arent that bad. and third the day i got my car me and 2 friends went to hooters and got some wings and hung out for a while and when we left i went to get gas and some bitch backed into my car (92 DX) while it was running and parked and literally crunchen the front and it shut off. the thing that i would check is under the hood in the fuse box on the passneger side is your battery fuse it is black and its an 80 amp. take out the 2 screws and put a peice of wire on the 2 terminals and see if it will start if it does start serching junk yards and gank you one of those fuses cause they are one hard bitch to buy.

I would be more willing to bet that it's the fuel shutoff relay. This kicks in to prevent potential fuel fires under the hood. Not sure where it is, but there is usually a button to push so you can reset the relay.

• 3 years later...
I would be more willing to bet that it's the fuel shutoff relay. This kicks in to prevent potential fuel fires under the hood. Not sure where it is, but there is usually a button to push so you can reset the relay.

Naaa...if that was the case it would crank but not run b/c of no fuel...i agree with the others its probably electrical since it stopped running immediately after the crash...i had a similar crash but at a lower speed and it made my check eng light come on (idle speed motor/ignition codes)

Naaa...if that was the case it would crank but not run b/c of no fuel...i agree with the others its probably electrical since it stopped running immediately after the crash...i had a similar crash but at a lower speed and it made my check eng light come on (idle speed motor/ignition codes)

this thread is from 2004...

Archived