Upgrades

xxscaxx

since i just turboed my sol, i want to get some 450cc injectors, and most of you will suggest dsm injectors. my question, are they a direct fit? will i need resistors? (i have a b16) i know there are different dsm injectors too, like diff. color tops im not sure what the difference is. so if you could help me out on that.

second, i want to get bigger rotors/calipers, since my brakes blow >_< any suggestions? any kind of rotors/ calipers that will fit from another car? my dad works at a auto shop and can get me them thats why. thanks

honestly, the power gain from the turbo i wasnt expecting. theres a HUGE difference from my stock b16. im only running about 5-6 pounds of boost too. im not exactly sure how much power i gained b/c i havent dynoed it yet, but when i eventually do ill probably post it up. i peiced together the kit, i bought the intercooler, blow off valve, wastegate, and boost gauge all from a friend of mine, and i bought the rest from ebay (yes thats right, and no nothing is a fake ripoff pos).

turbo - 320

FMIC+ boost gauge -200

wastegate and bov - 200

intercooler pipes (bought a set of pipes and cut them myself) - 120

turbo manifold - 200

oil line kit - 90

fmu - 90

the other little stuff my dad was able to get (like silicon couplers and clamps)

ive never spent my money better. im getting some bigger injectors (obviously from the post) and a high flow fuel pump soon.

now im just deciding what im going to use to run my injectors (any suggestions or personal experience would be great) and i just ordered a new muffler and im going to get 3" custom exhaust in about a week.

nice job man... im proud of ur progress with ur sol... wish mine would go a lil faster... but bein unemployed right now kinda puts a ... stop to progress... id really like to see a dyno sheet and/or a slip... mine will be a b16 turbo by next summer...

thanks man, as soon as i get it dynoed ill post up some charts.

i feel ur pain with the money issue, i was the same but i just kept saving.

good luck with ur sol too bro :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

i know this thread is old, but i started it and i didnt want to make another one dealing with the same topic.

i was just wondering if its safe to run 450cc injectors and a high flow fuel pump without like hondata or uberdata (i think im going with neptune, i talked to this guy jeff in PA who everyone suggested on h-t and he said this program neptune is a lot better than hondata). the only reason i ask is bc i have to drive to pa to this guy and i want the injectors and pump to be installed so he can tune it.

if i pissed anyone off by diggin up my old thread my bad, just figured it was too closely related to this one to make another..

your gonna need some kind of piggyback system at least. if you get an AFC you can run a hack and run the 450's. if your looking into buying some, i may be able to get somefor you also.

heres a link on more info on installing 450's and doing the hack, just look through the site.

Under the TECH Section.

thanks sexyh22, but wouldnt it just be a waste to buy an afc when im getting neptune?

when you said if im looking to buying some, you were relating to the injectors right?

Archived