a 20,000 dollar question

xxscaxx

i saw an article on somewhere on the internet about some kid starting up an EVO inside the showroom floor, and dumping the clutch when it was in first gear, and it went through the showroom glass, and into the street where it got T-Boned by a couple of cars and casued a big accident i dunno if it was true, and i saw ita like aa year ago. funny crap. my buddy in his SS beat a stock STi and he runs mid 13's. also it was a rolling start so i would guess around there. also i live in Colorado where it is 5,000ft elevation. so at sea level should be alittle faster.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha wow thats some crazy crap

i went to the subaru dealer today, i couldnt test drive the new ones, i have to wait until next week when they get new/used sti's with like 2000 miles on them. they dont let anyone test drive the others.

arent Evos and STI's rated like the best as far as modification response?

also i asked about leasing it, cost about 450 a month bleh

is that with only you? you as the primary? or your parents as the primary?

well i asked the guy how much it would cost for me. my dad told me that it wouldnt be much less for him. i think that is with like the minimum down payment though which is like 2400. id probably want to finance it bc i dont want to give it back after however so many years.

ahaha im trying to decide. its not easy. thats why im asking for the opinions of everyone and questions. im sure im going to love it if i get it. but i love my honda, n i love this site!

well i asked the guy how much it would cost for me. my dad told me that it wouldnt be much less for him. i think that is with like the minimum down payment though which is like 2400. id probably want to finance it bc i dont want to give it back after however so many years.

you should try calculating it with a higher down payment. if you'd want to keep the car longer than 3-5 years or whatever the lease would be for, then you could buy it out... but it usually isn't worth it for the buy out. or you could trade it in on a new car :p

haha yea right trade in my car, they give you crap when you trade in. id probably put down a downpayment of however much i sell my car for. i dont know how much id sell it for or what i could get for it tho.

alot of dealerships dont take modified cars for trade in anyway. so you would prolly hafta sell it on your own ayway. i still vote STi

they usually take them in, but give a lot less than if it were stock, because they have to sell it for less then as well

yeah, im not going to be selling it to the dealer so it dont matter. IF i do sell it, im going to try to sell it somewhere far from where i live because i wont want to see it all the time, itll get me depressed.

if i get the STI can i still pretend like i have a del sol so i can stay on the forums? :( haha

i do love my car, but getting a brand new STI is tempting. its not as easy as it looks. im tryin to do what makes me happy. im going to test drive one next week so then ill be able to make a better decision.

you dont have to have a honda to be a member. optional is the #1 postwhore on here and he drives a DSM. and Stcuk has a supra. nobody cares. i dont really even have a prelude, i just found those pics on the internet, and like to pretend.

haha very funny h22.

i was just jokin though, ill still stay on here if i get one, but who knows... ill let you ppl know probably next week what happens. till then, ill still be whippin the honda around :D

how can you even compare a sti to a turbo del sol? lol. i know you love it and all...but crap! thats like comparing a hot flat coke to a brand new ice cold straight out the cooler dr. pepper...its no question. i want the friggin dr. pepper.

although i don't personally like evo's and sti's that much because they don't look like sports cars. but whatever.

i still vote s2000. but only because i went to look at a few the other day :)

haha i hear u, im just wondering if my sol is faster :laugh: im going to buy the STi, i just need to sell my del sol now. i love the s2000's too, but there too small for my parents liking. there was one at the subaru dealer... it was grey, beautiful.

yeah i agree, the s2000 are nice.

ahha smartass.. nah ill just keep the supra spoiler on the del sol :laugh:

thanks, i'll post some pictures up of it when i get it.

have fun with the sti. don't put a supra spoiler on it or anything like that :p

baaa

i think you should buy a WRX wagon instead... fast and all sleeper.

not really, but i think its funny when i see kids in them thinking there the crap pimping the station wagon.

ahha i hate those wagons... but ive seen some nice ones before when i went with my friend to some evo and sti meets. id never consider it though.

everyone baggin on the supra spoiler :( lol jk

for 20 grand i'd have my friend import me a RHD STi spec c, or an evo 6-1/2. he runs his own import/export business and he knows where to find all the right deals on STi's, evo's, skylines, sheeit just about any car you can name that was built in japan and wasn't exported to the states, he can find it, and get it for a sick deal.

Archived