The last ride..

xxscaxx

well, tonight i took the sol out for its last drive. it was kinda sad i must say. Even though im getting an STi i sure as hell will miss the del sol. i never thought i would have gotten as far with it as i have. i wish i could keep it and still build it for a project but its time to move on. it should be out by tomorrow or tuesday. my aspen white/gold STi is coming in tomorrow or tuesday, so i should have it by thursday or friday. I'll definitly be hanging around the forums still ( dont you feel lucky), but i just want to take a moment to thank all the people who have helped me become more informative about my car and about hondas in general. honda will always be in my heart :wub: hahaha.

haha yeah i like white. but i personally saw all the colors available for the STi and the white looked the best. crystal grey metallic was my second choice. yeah, i finally sold it. tomorrow it leaves.

oh dont you worry, pics will be posted as soon as i get it haha.

Been lookin' at an STi myself...

...not sure what to replace the Sol with cause I know there'll be nothin' like poppin' off the top and takin' a cruise around the city, you know?

oh dont you worry, pics will be posted as soon as i get it haha.

Yeah definately post plenty of pics. I don't know about the grey and gold one so I think you got the better color choice. Here in Cleveland I have only seen two STi's and both are blue. And I haven't checked out Subaru's site lately to see the other color options.

I want to be the first person w/ a convertible STi. Subaru doesn't like convertibles because they don't work for rallying. They need to expand their horizons more. Anyway, looking foreward to seeing pics and speeding tickets.

yeah, the white looks amazing.

it left today, it was sad. yeah, i will miss poppin off that top, but i wont mind when im drivin around that STi.

i sold it for 5,500.00 and im selling my rims separate and my front bumper so it brings me to 6,200.00. dealer trade in, they wanted like friggin 1,000 bucks. trade in is not worth it.

last 3 pics i took of her...

Picture018.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

but for the grande finale...

Picture019.jpg

i dont have it yet, but that is the exact one that im getting, just took a picture real quick at the dealership. hehe. should have it by the end of the week. its pretty cool seeing them put the "sold" sticker in the window :p

oh yeah definitly, i just have to be careful because warranty and crap, so i wont be doing much until that goes away. but ill most likely have Turboback exhaust and EM by the end of the summer. 300 awhp is easily achieved with just that :thumbsup:. after a while ill eventually upgrade the turbo but thats not going to be for a while...probably going to get some cusco sways and some JDM Pinks springs with Group N top mounts. and some defi gauges. its basically some engine mods and suspension that will be first. everything is going to be a slow moving process though, b/c i have to pay off the car and pay for insurance.

Yeah, I bet insurance is a killer on that car. Just an FYI..... I know that there are a couple of companies that work in conjunction with Subaru for aftermarket parts. These kits will help not void your warranty but still let you achieve up to 500whp depending on which kit. Do some research and find out what the companies are (of course, I know you'll do your research if anyone would.) This is all assuming you're not going to build your own kit again.

it all really depends on if your dealer is mod friendly or not, and if they are, they usually will install it for you so then it wont void out the warranty. insurance is going under my dads name, so ill be paying like 600 bucks every six months for it :laugh:

Mine got really cheap when I got married. My wife and I are insured for less than I was alone when single. Actually dropped us in about half from what we were paying seperate....and I'll get another discount next month when I turn 25...(damn I'm getting too old, too fast)

yeah insurance is pretty crazy. when i had my del sol i was paying 3200 a year for it. your lucky you got the insurance drops. 25 isnt that old, but you are half way to 50 :D

Archived